a guest Jan 26th, 2020 76 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- My computer arrived today. I plugged in the vga cord to the computer (screwed fully), the hdmi cord to the computer, then the power to the computer, then the mouse and keyboard.
- next i plugged the hdmi into monitor 1, the vga into monitor 2 (screwed fully), and then the power to monitor 2 and the power to monitor 1.
- then I plugged the monitors, and computer into the power strip, and then the power strip into the wall.
- the computer turned green, the mouse turned red, the computer had air coming out of the back, the monitors showed their logos and then both displayed no signal.
- I have two different brand monitors with two different connections (Vga and hdmi) but neither is getting signal. Ive used both monitors with my laptop before so I know they work.
- Here is the troubleshooting ive done:
- wait for the computer to come on by itself since its new and probably has to go through set up or something
- Turn the monitors off and on again
- disconnect and reconnect the video cables
- only have one monitor connected at a time
- switch the video cables for the monitors
- the only thing i havent done is unplugging and replugging the computer because if it is doing some set up stuff i dont wanna interrupt it and get corrupt files or something. ive learned my lesson about that the hard way.
RAW Paste Data