- People in Chicago have been working for two decades to force the city to provide reparations to victims of police torture.
- If you are represented by one of the alderpeople not (yet) supporting the reparations ordinance, here's what you can do to help:
- 1. Call your ward office & ask why your alderperson is not yet supporting the ordinance. Let them know 26 others
- already are.
- 2. Organize others in your ward to meet directly with your alderperson to let them know you want them to sign on
- as a co-sponsor.
- 3. If they still refuse to commit, organize creative actions in your ward to put pressure on them. Do it this month
- & in January.
- **** Alderpeople who support the ordinance **** **** Alderpeople who do not support the ordinance ****
- Proco Joe Moreno (1st Ward)
- Pat Dour-Dowell (3rd Ward) Natasha Holmes (7th Ward)
- William Burns (4th Ward) Michelle Harris (8th Ward) @AldermanHarris
- Leslie Hairston (5th Ward) Anthony Beale (9th Ward) @Alderman_Beale
- Roderick Sawyer (6th Ward) John Pope (10th Ward) @AldermanPope
- Toni Foulkes (15th Ward) James Balcer (11th Ward)
- Lona Lane (18th Ward) George A. Cardenas (12th Ward) @aldcardenas
- Willie B. Cochran (20th Ward) Marty Quinn (13th Ward)
- Howard Brookins (21st Ward) Ed Burke (14th Ward)
- Ricardo Munoz (22nd Ward) JoAnn Thompson (16th Ward)
- Michael Chandler (24th Ward) Latasha Thompson (17th Ward)
- Daniel Solis (25th Ward) Matthew O-Shea (18th Ward) @mattoshea19
- Roberto Maldonado (26th Ward) Michael Zalewski (23rd Ward)
- Walter Burnett, Jr. (27th Ward) Deborah Graham (29th Ward)
- Jason Ervin (28th Ward) Ariel E. Reboyras (30th Ward) @Ald_Reboyras
- Scott Waguespeck (32nd Ward) Ray Suarez (31st Ward)
- Deborah Mell (33rd Ward) Carrie Austin (34th Ward)
- Rey Colon (35th Ward) Timothy M. Cullerton (38th Ward)
- Nicholas Sposato (36th Ward) Margaret Laurino (39th Ward)
- Emma Mitts (37th Ward) Patrick J. O’Connor (40th Ward)
- Brendan Reilly (42nd Ward) Mary O’Connor (41st Ward) @MaryOConnor41
- Michelle Smith (43rd Ward) Tom Tunney (44th Ward) @AldTomTunney
- James Cappelman (46th Ward) Harry Osterman (48th Ward) @48Ward
- Ameya Pawar (47th Ward) Debra Silverstein (50th Ward) @Debra4Alderman
- Joe Moore (49th Ward)
- Robert Fioretti (2nd Ward)
- **** More Info & Resources ***
- Tuesday, 12/16: Holiday Action to Pass Reparations for Chicago Police Torture Survivors
- Urge Chicago City Council to pass the Reparations Ordinance for the Chicago Police Torture Survivors!
- Amnesty International Petition:
- Chicago Torture Justice Memorials Petition:
- ORDINANCE SEEKS REPARATIONS FOR CHICAGO POLICE TORTURE SURVIVORS
- Jon Burge, Torture, and the Militarization of the Police
- Jon Burge, Torturer of Over 100 Black Men, Is Out of Prison After Less Than Four Years
Chicago Alderpeople Supporting Torture Reparations
plussone Dec 12th, 2014 (edited) 1,257 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data