a guest Nov 23rd, 2017 51 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Variance- Additional Rules for Risus
- Character Creation under this system:
- 10d6 to spread around your cliches. None start higher than four. May use these dice for other things below.
- Boosting dice:
- Dice can be boosted up to d8's, or even d10's. They can also be dropped down into d4's. :<
- This is mostly due to situations, flaws, or equipment.
- May spend up to six dice on equipment at the start! These are also found through play.
- Different equip does different things. For example, a Blaster Rifle may 'Boost' your dice for the cliche "Soldier of Fortune(3)", allowing you to roll 3d8 instead of 3d6.
- If the Equipment does: Then the cost is: An Example is:
- Boost dice rarely: 1 dice spent. Against a particular enemy type.
- Boosts dice often: 2 dice spent. Blaster Rifle.
- Boosts dice always: 3 dice spent. Steroids.
- Unusual capability (Weak): 1 dice spent. Marked cards.
- Unusual capability (Mediocre): 2 dice spent. Grenades.
- Unusual capability (Strong): 3 dice spent. Life-saving equipment, self teleporation.
- Unusual capability (Amazing): 4 dice spent. Reinforced energy shields.
- Unusual capability (Ridiculous): 6 dice spent. Tactical nuke, massive teleportation.
- Check by the GM whenever you select equipment!
- You may gain Temporary or permanent advancement in play.
- Most Temporary is equipment; you lose this advancement by the end of the adventure unless 'bought' permanently by or at the end.
- Permanent advancement, however, is gained at the end or middle of each session or adventure! The GM will give out from 0-2 dice per character, depending on how well you've done, for excellent RP, and if you've completed your objective(s).
- Amazing Uses for Extra Dice:
- Leftover or gained dice can be used to permanently raise a cliche or buy/find equipment between sessions.
- They can also be used to Auto-Succeed, if you've enough dice to do it; the GM will give a cost between 1 to 5 dice.
- Finally, you can buy new cliches; the first die of this cliche costs double.
- Raising a cliche beyond Six costs double, and the absolute maximum is 8!
RAW Paste Data