- HELLO WHAT'S ALL THIS ABOUT?
- Yandere threads are for a few different, but related, things. First and foremost, they're about sharing stories and experiences relating to yanderes, whether they're a current or former yandere partner of yours, or you are the yandere partner. Another purpose is helping people find a yandere partner to love forever! Shitposting is optional, but discouraged.
- WHAT IS YANDERE?
- Yandere is a combination of two words, yanderu (sick, ill) and deredere (basically infatuation). It's in the same vein as tsundere, kuudere, dandere, and whateverelseyouwantdere, all rooted in being in love and behaving a certain way because of it; with yandere that means they're crazy. They can be, and often are, crazy for other reasons.
- OK BUT ISN'T THAT 2D?
- Yandere is used a bit differently in these threads. There is no widely agreed upon strict definition for 3D yandere, but there are some basic criteria that apply. Obsession with their person of interest is one, and is (typically) what people in the threads are looking for: a clingy partner. The obsession brings out the other part of yanderes, the need to be validated by their lucky lover. This can manifest in tons of different ways, as you'll see in the threads. It could result in mass phone calls, nonstop emails, stalking, and generally being in contact as much as possible. On the more volatile side, there might be self harming (as a result of guilt, shame, or low self worth resulting from a lack of validation), harming of others (especially those who might "get in the way" of the yandere being with their lover), trespassing, breaking shit, and making sure you don't leave, including forcing you to quit your job and isolating you from friends.
- CAN ONLY STRAIGHT GIRLS BE YANDERE?
- Yandere tendencies grace all sexes and sexualities!
- IS THERE A MEDICAL TERM FOR YANDERE?
- The nearest idea to yandere is obsessive love, a possible condition that hasn't yet reached wide acceptance in the medical community. There's normal infatuation preceding a relationship that fades away after a certain amount of time, usually a few months, whether or not the infatuated person manages to get into the relationship. If an infatuated person gets into a relationship, the infatuation is replaced by the more conventional and stable love. Isn't that sweet? In any case, anyone who's been through the infatuation phase knows that it works a lot like an addiction: getting attention from that special person is quite a high, and being spurned is a terrible low. Most normal people learn to deal with these feelings in a healthy way. Now imagine that the rewarding feeling is multiplied by 10 and you've become an addict, that your brain's gone haywire and you NEED the fix, RIGHT NOW, and you'll do anything in your power to make it happen. That's obsessive love. The same reward circuit is activated when someone is validated by a crush as when an addict uses their drug of choice. For another related condition with more insanity, see erotomania.
- WHO THE FUCK WOULD SEEK OUT A YANDERE?
- Crazy people! Lonely people! Narcissists! Yanderes! Ask people why they want a yandere SO and you'll get a different answer each time. A lot of it seems to stem from loneliness. Some people in the threads want the extreme deluxe yandere package, being chained up in the basement so they can never leave again. That's probably a fetish thing. There's also a chunk of people that romanticize yandere relationships as their ideal. Whether they want just the clinginess or the whole deal seems to be variable.
- ISN'T IT UNETHICAL TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE?
- Absolutely! Don't set out to date someone because you know they're too unstable to think straight and will latch on to you, that would make you a bad person. Probably the worst person. And on the other side, don't date someone to try to "fix" them. Seeing your partner as a patient to be treated isn't healthy and the relationship won't last, to say nothing of the poor results you can expect. Don't treat your significant other like a lesser being, whether that be an adoring fan or a problem to be solved! The second part to this answer is there are different degrees of what people in the threads consider yandere, as described above. Some cases are without a doubt unhealthy (and often being yandere isn't the root cause of their problems), while others are simply clingy. There is, as with most things, a gray area; a person might function normally in day-to-day life but have obsessive thoughts, jealousy, and anxiety. Some might want or need help and others might not, it's difficult to say.
- SO WHERE CAN I GET ME A PIECE OF FINE CRAZY ASS?
- As you can imagine, yandere tendencies don't crop up in a vacuum. There isn't a clear indication of what causes them, but it appears to be a cocktail of mental illness, an unhappy childhood, and/or trauma of some sort. Obsessive love, explained above, appears to have a prevalence of about 1 in 1000 people. It would only make sense for these numbers to vary among different segments of the population divided into whatever mental illnesses they may have. Though anecdotal, many women that show up in the thread who report yandere ways have schizophrenia or borderline personality disorder, or have suffered abuse in the past. So if you're looking for a yandere, take a trip down to your local mental hospital and take advantage of as many women as possible. It will in no way make you manipulative, and results are guaranteed or your money back! You can also post in the threads and harass anyone who may possibly be a girl for contact information, or provide your email/skype when you post. There's also a map. Please note that many of the yandere girls who post are currently in a relationship, so don't be a dick and try to win them over anyway. Further, many yanderes who aren't in a relationship don't want people knowing they're yandere, or might not know it themselves, and won't post in the threads outing themselves as such. If that mentally digested properly that means there's a big problem: there are people in the threads specifically looking for yanderes, but the yanderes who are anxious about their tendencies will avoid the threads because it's not conventionally seen as a good thing to be. I don't know if there's any easy solution to that.
- ARE THERE ANY SUCCESS STORIES?
- If by success you mean getting a partner through the threads, yes! I'm going to compile a list sooner or later, but I can assure you now that multiple bonds have been forged in the hellish pit that is /yg/. Your odds are better if you take the initiative to contact someone, rather than waiting for them to contact you. Don't lose hope.
- THE THREADS ARE BORING AND I CRAVE MORE.
- Guy and his yandere Korean girlfriend - http://adventureswithchingchong.blogspot.com/
- Guy and his yandere... kitten - http://anonandkitten.blogspot.com/
- Archived threads - http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/?search_ord=old&ghost=yes&search_text=yandere&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_res=op&task=search2
- À la folie... pas du tout (He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not)
- Fatal Attraction
- Play Misty for Me
- There's a lot. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Yandere/AnimeAndManga
- Actually, just use the tvtropes page for any further yandere media recommendations, as their list is pretty exhaustive (though sometimes a bit of a stretch). Steer clear of spoilers.
- Written with love,
a guest Jun 23rd, 2014 19,393 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data