- <basti> i got a little problem with my h340 which is allready running with rockbox. i cant remember what happened, but while playing something it jumped into some debug mode and drained the battery. (at least it says its at 0% although it can run anyway). but ever since that, the navigation keys dont really work anymore. i cant use the down or up key. and when i want to load the original iriver firmware, it tries to start it, but nothing happens. i
- <basti> did reinstall both the bootloder and rockboc, but it didnt work. is it broken, or do i have some hope?
- <gevaerts> What do you mean by "some debug mode"? A panic screen?
- <basti> idont know what a panic screen looks like. it said something like "debugging now" and something came up the screen
- * GeekSh4dow ist jetzt bekannt als GeekShadow
- <gevaerts> This happened by itself?
- <basti> i really cant remember that i did something out the normal stuff
- <gevaerts> I'd guess you got a panic, although then I don't understand this
- <gevaerts> "debugging now" bit
- <basti> fuck me. i just started the damn thing and it works again.... i booted it like 20 times and the keys didnt work. now all of the sudden it has chosen to work again....
- <gevaerts> Maybe it didn't really have enough charge before?
- <basti> i havent it charged in that time
- <basti> and the battery indicator is at 70% now as it has been before the "blackout"
- <basti> and i ordered an ipod tody...
- <gevaerts> I don't know then. Maybe a coincidence? Some dirt in the buttons that now went away?
- <basti> after that i disassembled it and cleaned every part with pressure air. dont know what went wrong. but the iriver firmware should have loaded
- <basti> which it does know
- <gevaerts> Actually, if some buttons have bad contacts, they might report presses all the time, which might interfere with booting
- <basti> but if they report contact all the time, and i boot rockbox than shouldnt they navigate all the time, or do somthing else? that was not the case. they just did not work, respectively did the wrong thing
- <gevaerts> That depends. If more than one button is stuck, probably nothing at all will work
- <gevaerts> Other things may happen too, depending on how buttons are connected
- <basti> ok. i guess i have to live with that mystery and the fact that i bought an ipod
- <gevaerts> If it works now, I wouldn't worry about it
- <basti> dont have a choice anyway. but thanks for your help!
a guest Oct 9th, 2010 109 Never
RAW Paste Data