- IT Essentials Knowledge Check
- 1. What are the four segments of the information processing cycle?
- Input, Storage, Processing, Output.
- 2. Besides the keyboard, mouse, and storage devices, list five devices that can be used to enter information into a computer.
- Touch Pad, Touch Screen, Scanner, Joystick, Digital Camera.
- 3. What part of the computer handles the tasks of calculating formulas and editing documents?
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- 4. What advantage do dual-core and quad-core processors have over single-core processors?
- Multiple processors enable the computer to process multiple instructions simultaneously for better performance.
- 5. What is the technical name for the volatile computer workspace that is erased whenever the power is turned off?
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- 6. Which storage device has no motor or other moving parts?
- Flash drives & Solid State Drives
- 7. What type of port allows up to 127 hardware devices to be connected to the computer host at 480 Mbps?
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)
- 8. What type of software can be copied freely and has no license agreement?
- Open Source Software
- 9. What is the basic purpose for a computer network?
- Networks allow computers to share resources such as printers, internet connections, and data.
- 10. What two terms describe the “data requester” and “data provider” in a LAN?
- Requester: Client || Provider: Server
- 11. What is the name of the connector used on a network cable?
- RJ-45 connector
- 12. What is the basic protocol that allows all computers on the Internet to interact?
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
- 13. Which protocol and application can you use if you need to transfer a file that is too large to email?
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- 14. List at least three types of malware.
- Virus, Spyware, Adware.
- 15. What term describes the act of illegally sharing a software application with someone else?
- Software Piracy
a guest Feb 3rd, 2012 2,223 Never
RAW Paste Data