- We apologize for the delay in addressing your ticket, but we have been experiencing large influx of tickets as we move towards launch. Below you will find an automated response containing the most common support requests we’ve been receiving. We know that such form letter responses are less than ideal. However with the strain on our support department we want to get everyone’s issues addressed as soon as we possibly can.
- I know the following message is quite lengthy, but please review all the sections provided below as there is a very good chance the issues you are encountering are covered in this message. If your issue is not listed below, then please first check our support page at http://en.support.guildwars2.com/ to see if your issue is listed there.
- If you don’t not see your issue in the response below or on the support page then please reply to this response and advise us again about the specifics of your individual issue. Again we apologize for the necessity of this response, but it should help us get any issues you and your fellow players are experiencing resolved much faster. Thank you for your understanding, and we hope that you have a great day.
- LOGIN ISSUES:
- Forum Issues
- - The forums are currently down. Attempting to log into the forums will cause an error to display advising that you do not have a Guild Wars 2 account. This error will continue to be displayed until the forums are repaired. We are working to get the forums back online as soon as possible. In the meantime please disregard this error message.
- Error Messages
- - There are a variety of errors that can be displayed when you fail to log into the client. Please review the error below if you are receiving an error upon login. A full list of all error codes and what they mean can be found at http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994.
- - The Most common error is Error 9 which indicates you do not have Headstart access and must wait until 00:00 PDT (12 am PDT), on August 28th to login. If you believe this is an error and your code should have headstart, then please contact your retailer about your code and let them know your code does not include headstart access.
- Client/Account Issues
- - If you've linked a Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account, it's important to understand that Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 now use the same login information. Your Guild Wars 2 account will be your Guild Wars login details. Basically, both accounts now have the same login and password. This is intended.
- - Please check to ensure you are logging in with the registered login e-mail and that your password meets password requirements of being between 8-13 characters exactly and contains only numbers and letters.
- - If you're having trouble verifying your email address, you can play without verifying your email address by clicking "Play" on the Guild Wars 2 Launcher if you already downloaded the client. We're working to fix email verification, and you can verify your address once we do.
- - Accounts created with a Pre-purchase code will have access to the 3-day Headstart event as well as receive the Hero's Band item in game.
- - Accounts created with a Pre-order code will only have access to a 1-day Headstart event.
- - Where you purchased your edition of the game, and how much was paid should determine whether you bought a Pre-purchase or Pre-order code:
- - All players who pre-purchased their edition of Guild Wars 2 from our website (https://buy.guildwars2.com) and have registered their account will have access to the 3-day Headstart event.
- - Players who bought their edition of the game from a vendor listed on the Retailer webpage (https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers) and paid full price for the game should have received a Pre-purchase code to register their account.
- - Players who bought their edition of the game from a vendor listed on the Retailers webpage (https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers) and paid partial price for the game should have received a Pre-order code to register their account.
- - Players who purchased from a vendor not listed on the on the Retailers webpage (https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers) will most likely not have access to either of the Headstart events.
- - Please note that some vendors were incorrectly selling Pre-order codes for full price. If you were able to register a code prior to the Headstart events, but are not able to log in during the 3-day Headstart period, you most likely received a Pre-order code from your vendor. As only the vendor these items were purchased from can provide you with a code, you will need to contact their support teams for assistance.
- LINKING GUILD WARS ACCOUNTS:
- - If you’d like to link an original Guild Wars account to a Guild Wars 2 account, this feature is now available! Please visit the following Knowledge Base article which will describe and cover all the steps needed to complete this:
- - http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9028
- - Please note: Once you link a Guild Wars account to Guild Wars 2, you cannot unlink them. Choose wisely and type carefully!
- - If you are wondering if your Guild Wars 2 account is linked to a Guild Wars account, this can be verified by logging in with your Guild Wars 2 account at https://account.guildwars2.com and clicking Link Accounts on the left-hand side of the page. If the account is already linked, you will see the message “Your Guild Wars accounts are linked!”
- CHANGING AN ACCOUNT NAME:
- - You do have the ability to change the Guild Wars 2 account name at this time. To do so, follow these steps:
- 1. Login using your Guild Wars 2 account information here: https://account.guildwars2.com/login
- 2. Click the Edit Profile link
- 3. Enter your new account name and login password and select Save Changes. You will then be able to log into Guild Wars with the new account name. Keep in mind, if you have linked Guild Wars 2 to an original Guild Wars account, you will also use this new account name to access both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.
- DISPLAY NAME ISSUES:
- - We may allow players to change their own Display Names in the future, but it’s not possible right now. We don't have an ETA for this just yet, but we are working getting it working as soon as possible
- - If your display name is showing up as long string of numbers and letters on your account management page, there is a good chance you logged into account management using an account that only has a Guild Wars 1 account on it. This will show your display name as numbers as the display name is meant to be used with a Guild Wars 2 account. Since you haven't set up a GW2 account and linked your GW1 account to it yet, you don't actually have a GW2 display name set. Luckily this is really easy to resolve. Once you purchase Guild Wars 2 just follow the directions at http://support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8982 to register and link your GW1 account with a GW2 code. When you do that you will be given the chance to select a display name. After you complete the registration process your display name will update from that number to the name you select.
- ACCOUNT REGISTRATION:
- - If you need assistance with creating/registering a Guild Wars 2 account, please review the following Knowledge Base article: Guild Wars 2 Registration
- URL: http://support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8982
- Once again, if you have a specific issue which the above information does not address, please let us know by responding to this message. We apologize for the wait, but we will get to your ticket as soon as possible.
- GM Alura
- Guild Wars Support Team
a guest Aug 27th, 2012 41 Never
RAW Paste Data