- 02.03.2013: A witness for a Berkeley police review commission complaint was threatened in People's Park by a group of drug dealers who are relatively new in town.
- The drug dealers admitted they were offered amnesty (the cops would look the other way) if they beat up the witness, who is a regular known cop-watcher in the area. They said they were also looking for other cop-watchers, and that nobody is to cop-watch - nobody is to get involved in police business anymore.
- Two maintenance workers became aware that there was someone surrounded by and being threatened with an attack. They approached to make their presence known. And the beating was prevented. However the witness in this event was told that he would be beaten later at another time.
- 02.05.2013 AT THIS TIME NO COP-WATCHERS HAVE BEEN PRESENT ON TELEGRAPH AVENUE OR IN PEOPLE'S PARK SINCE THIS EVENT FOR SECURITY AND SAFETY REASONS.
- SHUT UP RUSS BATES: In the meantime Russ Bates has been issuing wrongful statements. Russ Bates is not currently active as a cop-watcher in Berkeley, and is not active with the south of campus activism and community building. RUSS BATES WAS UNAWARE OF FACTS OF THIS CASE, BUT FOOLISHLY SPOUTED OUT A WITCH-HUNT AGAINST THE PERSON WHO WAS THREATENED WITH ATTACK. Russ Bates is a tired coward and not actively engaging in any activism in Berkeley; his existence is only noted by his delusional rants online. REGULARLY TREATING VICTIMS OF POLICE ABUSE AS LIARS, OR CRIMINALS IS A COMMON TRAIT OF RUSS BATES; WHICH IS WHY HE IS ISOLATED FROM THE ACTIVIST COMMUNITY.
- WHAT IS "cop-watch", "Berkeley CopWatch": cop-watch is the act of monitoring the police through video or camera or audio recording. Berkeley CopWatch is a registered trademark of Berkeley CopWatch. Southside cop-watchers are autonomous from Berkeley CopWatch, but will share leads and information. Southside cop-watchers and Berkeley CopWatch worked together on the police review commission complaint which the police are retaliating against.
Berkeley Police Retaliation
OccupyBerkeley Feb 5th, 2013 76 Never
RAW Paste Data