- 2012, aug/15
- The network of giant oil company “Saudi Aramco” was hacked today and entire network went down.
- Tens of thousands of computer clients and servers' data and operating systems completely destroyed and all of their data lost.
- It is said that a very destructive computer virus has been the cause for this serious damage.
- The network internet gateways were already down for a week due to "maintenance" as IT technical said in Aramco, but suddenly it showed to be an attack not a maintenance.
- Till now a lot of Aramco workers and employees are talking about this accident in the twitter, among them are these :
- Also some of the news agencies reported about this issue :
- there are some groups who take responsibility for the attack,
- No matter any group or any individual be behind this, the first consequences to be seen will probably be the rapid increase in the oil price worldwide.
- While Saudi Aramco web site ( www.aramco.com ) was down all the day, the Aramco facebook site admitted the strike :
- Saudi Aramco Responds to Network Disruption
- Saudi Aramco on Wednesday, Aug. 15, experienced a network disruption in its Information Technology (IT) network.
- The company’s specialized technical team immediately responded to restore service
a guest Aug 15th, 2012 2,208 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data