- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- Hash: SHA256
- Unfortunately, it was recently discovered that the Bitcoin Forum's server
- was compromised. It is currently believed that the attacker(s) *could* have
- accessed the database, but at this time it is unknown whether they actually did
- so. If they accessed the database, they would have had access to all
- personal messages, emails, and password hashes. To be safe, it is
- recommended that all Bitcoin Forum users consider any password used
- on the Bitcoin Forum in 2013 to be insecure: if you used this
- password on a different site, change it. When the Bitcoin Forum
- returns, change your password.
- Passwords on the Bitcoin Forum are hashed with 7500 rounds of
- sha256crypt. This is very strong. It may take years for
- reasonably-strong passwords to be cracked. Even so, it is best to
- assume that the attacker will be able to crack your passwords.
- The Bitcoin Forum will return within the next several days after a
- full investigation has been conducted and we are sure that this
- problem cannot recur.
- Check http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/ and #bitcoin on Freenode for
- more info as it develops.
- We apologize for the inconvenience.
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
bitcointalk forum breach
a guest Oct 3rd, 2013 9,003 Never
RAW Paste Data