- Received: from smtp1.nikon.net (smtp1.nikon.net [126.96.36.199])
- by mail.mww.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id GL8429W3
- Fri, 30 Dec 2014 14:22:53 +0000 (UTC)
- Received: from smtprelay.nikon.net (HELO email.nikon.net) ([10.0.160.59])
- by smtp1.nikon.net with ESMTP; 30 Dec 2014 10:22:18 -0400
- Received: from srvmailbox1.nikonimaging.net ([169.254.1.98]) by
- srvemail2.nikonimaging.net ([::1]); Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:01:06 -0400
- From: usapr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Importance: high
- X-Priority: 1
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2014 14:22:10 +000
- Message-ID: <3C5C3F74ACBECFD7BD8CB3ED9A08F934B0203D4149DE@srvmailbox1.nikonimaging.net>
- Accept-Language: en-US
- Content-Language: en-US
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- MIME-Version: 1.0
- @_CMSID_ d4ba-d14a-802d4d966f9a-e42c0ac2-c9f9
- @_CMSUSER_ losorio
- @_MIMETYPE_ text/plain
- @_CHARSET_ iso-8859-1
- @_TITLE_ "Nikon Inc. Announces \“I AM Advancing\” Program for DSLR Camera Owners"
- @_XATTR_ tc=pr; s=PR; premb=20150119130000
- Nikon Inc. Announces “I AM Advancing” Program for DSLR Camera Owners
- MELVILLE, N.Y., January 19, 2015 -- Today, Nikon Inc. has announced its new “I AM Advancing” program for owners of Nikon’s line of digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras. By registering with the program, photographers will be able to download advanced firmware updates, adding new functionality to their new Nikon DSLR cameras for up to 3 years. The program aims to reinforce confidence in the enthusiast and professional DSLR markets, and inspire photographers to make the most of their cameras, by connecting people to the latest Nikon software innovations.
- “Nikon has created the most advanced DSLR cameras in the world. Each camera has the potential to advance further as innovation goes forward,” said Kazuyuki Kazami, General Manager of Business Development, Nikon Japan. “We are continuously listening to our customers, and incorporating their needs into our innovations. Many of our new innovations can be offered to our existing customers today, enhancing the value Nikon products and the Nikon brand.”
- The program, which is free to join for registered owners of Nikon DSLR cameras, features a new web site (http://imaging.nikon.com/advancing) with information and software downloads covering a range of products. Each download lets users update their camera firmware with new options and features. After updating, the owner can enable or control the new features using the camera’s menu system.
- Nikon is also announcing the “I AM Advancing” Update Manager software, available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. The new software replaces Nikon’s individual firmware upgrade programs with a single new software program, and reinforces Nikon’s commitment to the “I AM Advancing” brand concept. The program is free to download, and features automatic camera detection, firmware download and management of camera updates.
- Commenting on the new program, Jay Vannatter, SVP Sales and Business Development, Nikon Inc., said: “Each day Nikon thinks about the future, but we know the camera in your hand is the most important one. ‘I AM Advancing’ is about Nikon helping photographers maximize the potential of their Nikon DSLR cameras, from the moment of purchase and into the future.” He added: “This program is a way for Nikon to show a commitment to our customers and to our products.”
- The “I Am Advancing” program is starting with support for 6 full-frame Nikon DSLR cameras: Nikon D750, D810, D800, D800E, D610 and D600. All of the cameras in the program will receive a new White Balance update, containing Nikon’s latest algorithms for high-quality color balance in any light. Each camera is also receiving a brand new “Metallic” Picture Control option, providing photographers with a unique high-contrast setting which is both natural and eye-catching.
- For photographers using Nikon RAW (NEF) mode, the most exciting new feature is Nikon’s new RAW Histogram. This feature displays impressive full-screen histograms for all 3 color channels (red, green and blue) simultaneously, based on data directly from the image sensor. The new feature allows advanced photographers to fine-tune perfect exposure for each shot. RAW Histogram is available for all cameras in the “I AM Advancing” program.
- Finally, Nikon is bringing 2 of the best features of the revolutionary Nikon D810 camera to other cameras in the Nikon DSLR line-up. Nikon’s new “Flat” Picture Control, which allows photographers more options for adjustment in post-processing, is now available for all cameras in the program. In addition, Nikon’s Electronic First-Curtain Shutter feature, which eliminates vibrations caused by the shutter, is newly available for the recently announced Nikon D750 camera.
- Visit the “I AM Advancing” web site (http://imaging.nikon.com/advancing) for the most current and detailed information on new features, supported models, and firmware release schedules.
- About Nikon
- Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics as well as the Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens camera system. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., recently celebrated its 80th anniversary of NIKKOR optics, and announced the production of over 85 million NIKKOR lenses in 2014, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit http://www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers to the Web's most comprehensive photo learning and sharing communities.
a guest Jan 2nd, 2015 12,477 Never
RAW Paste Data