- ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF DES MOINES MAKER SPACE
- Pursuant to Iowa Code Section 504.202, the undersigned corporation adopts the following Articles of Incorporation:
- ARTICLE I - Name
- The corporation shall be known as Des Moines Maker Space
- ARTICLE II - Corporate Existence and Duration
- The date on which the corporate existence shall begin is the date that this document is filed at the office of the Iowa Secretary of State. This corporation shall have perpetual duration.
- ARTICLE III - Purpose
- The corporation is organized and shall be operated exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distribution to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
- The corporation shall have unlimited power and authority to engage in any and all lawful activities that may be reasonably necessary or convenient for the accomplishment of any of its purposes, and to exercise all power and authority now or subsequently conferred upon nonprofit corporations under the laws of the State of Iowa.
- ARTICLE IV - Registered Office and Agent
- The address of the initial registered office of the corporation is <REMOVED> and the name of its initial registered agent at such address is <REMOVED>
- ARTICLE V - Board of Directors
- The business and affairs of the corporation shall be managed under the direction of its Board of Directors, and the number of Directors may be varied from time to time as set forth in the Bylaws.
- ARTICLE VI - Membership
- The corporation shall have members. Membership and voting rights shall be such as described in the Bylaws.
- ARTICLE VII - Bylaws
- The corporation shall adopt suitable Bylaws which shall contain any provisions for the regulation and management of the affairs of the corporation non inconsistent with the law. The power to alter, amend, repeal, or adopt new Bylaws is reserved to the members of the corporation.
- ARTICLE VIII - Dissolution
- In the event that a movement to dissolve the organization passes, assets may be liquidized to pay off any debt the organization may have accrued. Any remaining assets of the organization must be donated to an IRS 501(c)(3) compliant charitable, educational, or scientific endeavor as determined by the Board.
- ARTICLE IX - Liability
- Directors, officers, employees, and members of the corporation and their private properties shall not be liable in any manor for corporate debts, obligations, undertakings, or liabilities. No director, officer, employee or member shall be personally liable for any claims based upon an act or omission of such person, performed in the reasonable discharge of his lawful corporate duties.
- ARTICLE X - Restrictions on Earnings and Other Prohibited Activities
- No part of the earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, officers or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article III hereof. No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- ARTICLE XI - Incorporator
- The name and address of the incorporator are:
- ARTICLE XII - Initial Directors
- The name and address of the initial directors are:
- IOWA SECRETARY OF STATE
- DATED this 17 day of August 2011
a guest Nov 16th, 2012 13 Never
RAW Paste Data