- The version of the Y580 you're looking at (the $1099 model that comes with the decent display) can be had for $899
- Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (NVIDIA GTX 660M, 15.6" 1920x1080 glossy display) - $899 + tax
- Sign up and sign in here: http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity?affinity=barnesnoblegold (Barnes and Noble Gold discount page)
- http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/barnesnoblegold/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/config.workflow:ConfigureMtmAsItem?mtm-item=:000001C9:0000972B: (1TB 5400RPM + 16GB SSD) - $899 + tax
- Click the green "Activate eCoupon" button in the cart (Or apply coupon code LASTMINDEALS)
- Avoid any models that come with the 1366x768 display and not the 1920x1080 display.
- On a further note about the display: If you are looking at the Lenovo Y580, you need to make sure that the model in question comes with the 1920x1080 display and not the 1366x768 display. You should avoid buying any model/version of the Y580 that is equipped with a 15.6" 1366x768 display and not a 15.6" 1920x1080 display.
- 1366x768 resolution in a 15.6" display make things onscreen large, and 15.6" displays that have 1366x768 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels with very poor image quality due to low contrast. You should make a point to avoid displays like this when it is reasonable to do so, unless you require the larger text for eyesight related reasons.
- This is more of an issue than the other differences between various models of the Y580 as well as other laptops. A GT 650M (as opposed to the Y580's GTX 660M) is not a terrible GPU, an i5-3210M (as opposed to the Y580's i7-3630QM) is not a terrible processor, but a 15.6" 1366x768 display is a terrible display. You should be concerned with improving a display that's pretty bad before you start trying to improve upon performance that's already pretty good. If a 1920x1080-model Y580 fits in your budget, then great. But if it doesn't, then a 1366x768-model Y580 is not an alternative nor a good choice; look at other laptops.
a guest Dec 23rd, 2012 77 Never
RAW Paste Data