a guest Jan 12th, 2017 80 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Setting up xrdp on Kali Linux 2016.2 on AWS
- AWS has an AMI for Kali 2016.2, but being remote, you need VNC or RDP to access the graphical tools.
- VNC is easy to set up but very restrictive. RDP is harder to set up, but easier to use. These are the instructions I use to set up xrdp.
- I use this config so that I connect to the Kali VM through an Apache Guacamole RDP proxy. This keeps Kali behind the firewall and in my pentesting lab. Guacamole also allows me to access the Kali box on SSH or RDP via a web interface from anywhere and any device.
- OS: Kali Linux 2016.2
- AMI: Updated 19 Oct 2016
- # Upgrade OS
- sudo apt-get update -y && apt-get upgrade -y
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
- sudo apt-get install xrdp lxde-core lxde tigervnc-standalone-server -y
- sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
- # choose xfce4-session
- # New sudo user for Guacamole connection
- sudo useradd -m kali
- sudo passwd kali
- sudo usermod -a -G sudo kali
- sudo chsh -s /bin/bash kali
- # edit xrdp.ini - reducing colour depth reduces bandwidth and can resolve black screen issues
- sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
- # changed username and password to the kali user
- # Allow more than root to access the system
- sudo nano /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
- # start services
- sudo service xrdp start
- sudo service xrdp-sesman start
- # configure services to auto-start on boot
- sudo update-rc.d xrdp enable
- sudo systemctl enable xrdp-sesman.service
RAW Paste Data