- SPICED MOLASSES COOKIES
- From Sugarbaker's Cookie Cutter Cookbook
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups bleached all purpose flour
- 1 T. ground ginger
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- • In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light in color and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the molasses and vanilla until thoroughly combines.
- • In a medium bowl, add the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir to blend.
- • Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time and beat well. Scrape the dough into a resealable plastic bag. Seal and Chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours. This dough is soft, so you must chill before cutting!
- • Preheat oven to 350. Flour the work surface and rolling pin, Remove half the dough from the plastic bag; rewrap and refrigerate the other half. Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch and cut into shapes. With a spatula, transfer cookie cutouts to a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, keeping them at least 2 inches apart. Form scraps into a ball and chill for 15 minutes, reroll and cut remaining dough and scraps.
- • Bake 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately 5 dozen three inch cookies.
- CK Products ROYAL ICING MIX, follow package instructions
- Available at Midwest Baking Supply 2716 NW 10th, OKC (405) 942-3489
- Amerigel Colors - Soft Gel Paste Food Color
- Available at Midwest Baking Supply and Hobby Lobby
- Great website for cookie cutters, baking and decorating supplies: www.KarensCookies.net
Spiced Molasses Cookies
a guest Oct 2nd, 2012 7 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data