- For Immediate Release -- #OpJustice4Kaitlyn
- (Morgan Freeman Voice)
- Greetings, Bigots. We are Operation Justice. The last operation our team conducted led to the case of Rehtaeh Parson's being re-opened and to an independent investigation into the actions of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. You may have read about us. Now we are in Florida and you should have expected us.
- This letter is addressed to the Indian River County State Attorney's Office:
- You are currently pursuing 2 felony charges against an 18 year old girl by the name of Kaitlyn Hunt. Kaitlyn was arrested on 2/16/2013 at 20:15, her case number 2013-00022169. She was a student at Sebastian River High School before they expelled her (you don't have to be a child to be a bully, you just have to have the emotional maturity of one--don't worry, we will get to them later).
- While in the course of performing your duties we feel that you've lost perspective. Tsk, tsk. The truth is, Kaitlyn Hunt is a bright young girl who was involved in a consensual, same-sex relationship while both she and her partner were minors. She has a big future ahead of her and there are people, thousands of people in fact, that have no intention of allowing you to ruin it with your rotten selective enforcement.
- Now, either we are to interpret your charges to mean that:
- 1) Indian River County is publicly taking a stance against all relationships that form between two consenting adolescents -- or
- 2) We're left to wonder if the intolerance of Kaitlyn's partner's parents (or maybe it was yours) is really what started this case against her.
- The real question is, who in your office didn't have the balls or the intelligence to put an end to this ridiculousness?
- Intolerance has been the curse of this country since it's inception. Frankly, we're sick of it. Specifically, we're sick of paying the salaries of people like you. Now most of you probably interviewed for your jobs and were appointed there, but one or two ranks above you is some asshole that every few years has to go door to door and beg people to remember his or her name on election day. There are quite a few organizations in this country that would prefer that our elected officials not hire bigots that hunt down and file erroneous charges against young women because of their sexual orientation. The fact is, the puritanism you practice doesn't have a place in this world any longer.
- We hope you'll keep all of this in mind because the next petition we put 200,000 signatures on will have your name on it (maybe you Brian Workman), or your bosses name on it, and we will be calling for a resignation. That petition will be delivered by hundreds of men and women, holding signs and wearing masks, yelling into megaphones and getting all up in your business, right on your doorstep. We can afford to stand there for some time, because, LOL, there are a million more of us than there are of you.
- We'll give you a few days to bask in your new found media attention and the public's disapproval of your performance. Don't worry, they'll call you.
- We are Anonymous.
- We are Legion.
- The corrupt fear us.
- The honest support us.
- The heroic join us.
- Expect Us.
- Twitter: @OpJustice
- Inquiries: email@example.com (This week we're Russian. привет bitches!)
- Other Press Stuffs:
- Letter from Kaitlyn's Mom: https://www.facebook.com/groups/192262314259128/doc/192326077586085/
- Letter from Kaitlyn's Dad: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreeKate/doc/192333027585390/
- Parents Petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/indian-river-county-state-attorney-s-office-stop-the-prosecution-of-an-18-year-old-girl-in-a-same-sex-relationship
- Some articles:
- Now.MSN: http://now.msn.com/kaitlyn-hunt-a-florida-teen-fights-expulsion-sex-charges-over-gay-relationship
- Think Progress: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/05/18/2033281/florida-teen-expelled-charged-with-felony-over-lesbian-relationship/
- Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/article/florida-teen-fights-expulsion-and-criminal-charges-for-same-sex-relationship
a guest May 19th, 2013 15,564 Never
RAW Paste Data