- 21:23 < wash> One of the largest problems we've been having with Clang-compiled Linux is functions that are not emitted in the Linux binary, because they are only called from
- inline assembly, and the Linux kernel devs neglected to mark all of these appriopitately with the __used attribute. Apparently, GCC has magic that allows it to
- detect function usage in inline asm. So: 0.) Does path have the ability to detect function calls in inline asm? 1.) If not, does path support __used (attribute
- attached to functions, prevents them from being omitted)? 2.) Does path support -femit-all-decls (we are working with on a static analysis using clang to detect all
- the unused functions in Linux, so that we can go over them all and fix all of these problems, but until then, we're using -femit-all-decls for clang linux. A bit
- unelegant, admittedly)?
a guest Feb 27th, 2012 16 Never
RAW Paste Data