- On August 2nd a blog got spread around the internet and garnered some attention:
- The blog details how Zoe Quinn compulsively lied and had an affair with several men,
- written by her boyfriend, the blog features photographic evidence and proves something very
- important, that the persons she was having an affair with have strong ties to the video game
- industry and video game journalism.
- This video made by InternetAristocrat explains what has been said further.
- After said video got posted and started garnering attention Quinn started complaining about the attention the article was getting and made a blog post telling people to back off
- because the entire story according to here is a personal issue, it’s not.
- What she has done means that she has created strong social ties to the very same people that are
- supposed to have an objective view on the game she has created. Instead the game has been
- casually name dropped by the same person that the blog claimed she had an affair with. This
- means that as consumers we have been lied to by people whose working title is “journalist”.
- This is what matters, the lying, the close ties that are created between developers and the
- conclusion that “journalists” shape their content based around how much they like the developer
- of the game they are talking about rather then the actual game itself.
- Too further show us this is indeed true there have been plenty of outrages in recent years that
- have centred around the same issues (Mass Effect 3 was critically acclaimed according to most
- journalists, when consumers vocally voiced their opinions about the game’s ending they were
- ridiculed by the very same journalists, too name one example).
- Back too Quinn, on her twitter there were a bunch of phone numbers and addresses posted, none of
- them leading anywhere particular, after 2 minutes she claimed she was hacked by 4chan. The hacking
- at best looks like something staged, you don’t get hacked on twitter (hell why haven’t we heard
- this before then? There has been plenty of people having their email hacked by installing
- malicious software on their computer and then having their password data sent to the writer of
- the software), you simply don’t get hacked in general these days as an user, you just install
- malicious software that steals your credentials.
- There are two explanations in the end. She either really got hacked and 4chan is frequented by
- some of the better software engineers known to man or someone who knows her personally, or she
- is simply lying in order to garner sympathy, something that seems very plausible based on the fact
- the data posted at best was irrelevant as can be seen here:
- Currently as of writing this she is claiming that this is misogynistic attackers, that this
- is strictly personal and is backing this by cropping out a small irrelevant number of posts from
- the larger image. As of now I can imagine some of the people she had an affair with is either cleaning their sheets or getting ready to defend her actions.
- Video game journalism is corrupt and you should take a stand against this.
- What should I do?
- Spread this everywhere where it is relevant, these are public persons that are supposed to do
- their job and be trustworthy, this trust has been broken and you can either sit their and
- knowingly support people with no integrity whatsoever or you can show the public that this is
- how the current state of the industry of video game journalism and video game development.
- Further reading:
a guest Aug 19th, 2014 3,143 Never
RAW Paste Data