- Hello Manuel,
- I am an admin on Commons, and I am writing to you today in relation to one of your images that can be found at:
- This image was originally uploaded at:
- http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=File:Jimmy_Appeal.JPG&oldid=37446 with a notation "This image is copyrighted, and used with permission. The terms of the permission do not include third party use."
- This permission was later updated with this edit http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=File:Jimmy_Appeal.JPG&oldid=37645 to read: "This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution
- ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. In short: you are free to share and make derivative works of the file under the conditions that you appropriately attribute it, and that you distribute it only under a license compatible with this one."
- Can you please confirm that this was a work for hire, with copyright for the image transferred to Jimmy Wales/the Wikimedia Foundation as per the description at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jimmy_Wales_Fundraiser_Appeal.JPG
- Or do you still hold full copyright over the image, and released the photo under CC-BY-SA-3.0? If you still hold copyright, the CC-BY-SA-3.0 licence means anyone is able to use the photograph for any purpose (including commercial) so long as your are attributed in accordance with the licence.
- If you could let me know at your earliest convenience, I will put the image through our OTRS process as outlined at
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
a guest Aug 18th, 2013 67 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data