- 1. Refer to the exhibit. What two pieces of information can be determined from the output that is shown? (Choose two.)
- The local host is using three client sessions.
- The local host is using web sessions to a remote server
- 2. After a web browser makes a request to a web server that is listening to the standard port, what will be the source port number in the TCP header of the response from the server?
- 3. Which information is found in both the TCP and UDP header information?
- source and destination
- 4. Which is an important characteristic of UDP?
- minimal delays in data delivery
- 5.Refer to the exhibit. Host A is using FTP to download a large file from Server 1. During the download process, Server 1 does not receive an acknowledgment from Host A for several bytes of transferred data. What action will Server 1 take as a result?
- reach a timeout and resend the data that needs to be acknowledged
- 6.Refer to the exhibit. In line 7 of this Wireshark capture, what TCP operation is being performed?
- session establishment
- 7.Refer to the exhibit. The initial TCP exchange of data between two hosts is shown in the exhibit. Assuming an initial sequence number of 0, what sequence number will be included in Acknowledgment 2 if Segment 6 is lost?
- 8. Why is flow control used for TCP data transfer?
- to prevent the receiver from being overwhelmed by incoming data
- 9. During a TCP communication session, if the packets arrive to the destination out of order, what will happen to the original message?
- The packets will be delivered and reassembled at the destination.
- 10. With TCP/IP data encapsulation, which range of port numbers identifies all well-known applications?
- 0 to 1023
- 11. Which transport layer protocol provides low overhead and would be used for applications which do not require reliable data delivery?
- 12. What are two features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP)? (Choose two.)
- low overhead
- 13. What mechanism is used by TCP to provide flow control as segments travel from source to destination?
- window size
- 14. What is dynamically selected by the source host when forwarding data?
- source port
- 15. Why are port numbers included in the TCP header of a segment?
- to enable a receiving host to forward the data to the appropriate application
- 16. Which two options represent Layer 4 addressing? (Choose two.)
- identifies the communicating applications
- identifies multiple conversations between the hosts
- 17. Which three features allow TCP to reliably and accurately track the transmission of data from source to destination?
- flow control
- session establishment
- numbering and sequencing
- 18. Which OSI model layer is responsible for regulating the flow of information from source to destination, reliably and accurately?
- 19.Based on the transport layer header shown in the diagram, which of the following statements describe the established session? (Choose two.)
- This contains a Telnet request.
- This is a TCP header.
- 20. Which event occurs during the transport layer three-way handshake?
- TCP initializes the sequence numbers for the sessions.
- 21.Refer to the exhibit. Host1 is in the process of setting up a TCP session with Host2. Host1 has sent a SYN message to begin session establishment. What happens next?
- Host2 sends a segment with the ACK flag = 1, SYN flag = 1 to Host1.
a guest Mar 9th, 2012 323 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data