- Hi Louie and [redacted],
- The email below was received at the [redacted] email account regarding a client of the centre's.
- The transphobia is pretty intense in the email (the misgendering, for example). This could be an example of some disturbing public transphobia that has been going on of late.
- Notice that the email is copied to the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ontario.
- How would you like to proceed?
- Hello - My name is Cathy Brennan. I am a lawyer and a lesbian activist in Baltimore, Maryland. I write because Dr. Chan appears to be the doctor for Emily Horsman, a man seeking to transition to female. See attached.[emily.JPG]
- Emily Horsman regularly attacks women on social media who have a lesbian feminist political opinion. That is, he harasses us and establishes fake Twitter accounts to harass us. His Twitter Account (derpemily) can be seen at https://twitter.com/derpemily - attached is an account he established to parody me (terfprincess).
- Query whether this is the kind of experience one must have to "live as a woman." - you bully other women? Also, I believe Dr. Chan has a professional obligation to know about his patient's mental health. I am outraged that this kind of thing happens.
- I look forward to your response.
- Cathy Brennan
- To the author is of the email below:
- Please be aware that our centre finds this email in violation of ethical practice, our anti-oppression principles and offensive to trans* persons. Please also note that your attempt at intimidation through copying your email to the CPSO will not have any effect.
- You are required to cease and desist any further emails of this type to our organization.
- So you have no issue with this kind of conduct by one of your patients? That is seriously disturbing. Shame on you and your disregard of women and lesbians.
a guest Sep 10th, 2013 12,187 Never
RAW Paste Data