- In 2012, internet users worldwide have come under fire. Our recent
- reactions to SOPA, ACTA, PIPA, etc., have been DEFENSIVE in nature. Even
- if these negative laws are defeated, dozens more appear - and those laws
- are binding upon you, while at the same time, they benefit business and
- government interests which you may not challenge. Here is the silver
- lining in all of this: it is now unmistakeably clear that a minority now
- intend to directly attack your freedom, your lives, and your happiness.
- The answer lies in the internet itself. There are strategies that assert
- the omnipresent and anonymous nature of the internet.
- First, the creation of an "Internet Ten Most Wanted List". Currently,
- those who attack the internet do so with the feeling of perfect immunity.
- The names of those who unethically attack internet freedoms (often
- politicians), are listed in all the media outlets. A "Ten Most Wanted
- List" focuses attention on them and removes this immunity. Whistleblowers,
- hackers and leakers would be focused on them, so that we could examine
- their true interests in impeding the free flow of information. A chilling
- effect on internet attacks would soon follow.
- Second, mass anonymous emailings can advise employees of specific
- businesses and governments on how best to "blow the whistle" on unethical
- We will win in the end. They have more information to protect, and fewer
- people willing to help them.
An "Internet Ten Most Wanted List"
a guest Jul 6th, 2012 2,102 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data