- # Initialising
- A case-sensitive volume is required:
- hdiutil create -type SPARSE -volname 'Rowboat' -fs 'Case-sensitive Journaled HFS+' -size 40g rowboat.dmg.sparseimage
- hdiutil attach ~/rowboat.dmg.sparseimage
- To avoid some extra/unnecessary patching, make sure you have GNU versions of tar and sed ahead of your path.
- Initialise the tree using repo (I picked `manifests/rowboat-ics-am335x.xml`, though you may wish to use TI's release 3.0.1 via `manifests/TI-Android-ICS-4.0.3-DevKit-3.0.1.xml`).
- # Patching
- Run this: `curl -s https://raw.github.com/gist/3071139/patch.sh | bash`
- # Building
- It will fail building the kernel, hence follow [suggestions on iDriod project wiki](http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Compiling_a_Kernel#Mac_OS_X_Fixes.2FWorkarounds):
- sudo cp external/elfutils/libelf/elf.h /usr/include/
- It appears that you no longer need to mess around with `malloc.h` inclusion.
- As TI suggests, you need to build u-boot first:
- cd u-boot; make CROSS_COMPILE=/Volumes/Rowboat/prebuilt/darwin-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- distclean
- make CROSS_COMPILE=/Volumes/Rowboat/prebuilt/darwin-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- am335x_evm_config
- make CROSS_COMPILE=/Volumes/Rowboat/prebuilt/darwin-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- -j3
- TI didn't not suggest this, but you will have to do this (unless you have u-boot host tools installed):
- export PATH="$PATH:`pwd`/u-boot/tools/"
- Fallow [TI's instructions](http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/TI-Android-ICS-4.0.3-DevKit-3.0.1_DevelopersGuide) to build without the graphics driver (TODO: fix the SGX driver build):
- make TARGET_PRODUCT=beaglebone OMAPES=4.x -j3 droid kernel_build
a guest Sep 13th, 2012 23 Never
RAW Paste Data