- We would stay up late some nights underneath the twinkling stars
- She a black shadow next to me, a reflection of youthful joys and timid ignorance
- Bearing hair upon her shadowy form, of black yarn lain out in perfect strands
- We held hands; the crickets sang; her skin not soft but worn and worked.
- Still, the youth in her face has not faded.
- She is still beautiful, all of these summers past.
- She is my guilty pleasure, her laugh is contagious,
- her warm features still shadowy to my memory.
- She loved adventure. We would get lost in the woods of my childhood.
- She would bite her nails when she was nervous, and we shared my first kiss.
- Like sea salt and rose petals when our lips brushed.
- You cannot see how time has aged her.
- The naivety of my youth had me fall in love. The scent of citrus coerced me.
- It betrayed me for her understanding smile,
- and her stubborn refusal to let a secret go unshared between us.
- Her mistakes as she grew older each a pale reminder only of how truly herself she was.
- If I could go back to that day when I left, fifteen and in love
- I would fight to remain there
- to be with her
a guest Dec 24th, 2012 29 Never
RAW Paste Data